Minneapolis Burglary & Kidnapping Lawyer
The laws that govern burglary are harsh and can leave an individual facing a range of consequences. Kidnapping can be charged as a violation of state or federal law, with serious punishments if an individual is convicted. If you are facing either burglary or kidnapping charges, it is critical that you protect your rights by enlisting the assistance of an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
With more than 20 years of experience, clients trust me, attorney Judith A. Samson, with their burglary, kidnapping and other criminal law cases. I strive to provide clients with aggressive defense representation that is tailored to meet their specific needs and goals for the outcome of the case. Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation to discuss your burglary or kidnapping case. Contact me today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Burglary is generally defined as the illegal entry or entry without consent into a building with the purpose of committing a crime, such as theft. Burglary charges have different degrees and have different consequences depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of property or building that was burglarized
- Whether another person (not an accomplice) was present in the building
- Whether a weapon was used during the commission of the crime
- The type of business that may have been occupying the building (such as a bank or pharmacy)
The confinement of an individual without consent or removal of an individual from one place to another without consent constitutes kidnapping. The punishments are dependent on:
- Whether or not the victim was released in a safe place
- Whether or not the victim was harmed during the kidnapping or imprisonment
- The age of the victim
- The length of imprisonment
- Whether the victim was held for ransom
- Whether the victim was held to facilitate the commission of a felony
Those accused of burglary and/or kidnapping are facing prison sentences, fines and a permanent criminal record. Ensure that your rights are protected. Contact me at my Minneapolis, Minnesota, law office to schedule your free initial consultation. Contact me today to schedule a free initial consultation.